Pencil Sketch of Town Hall by Mary Ann Barr 2021

Pencil sketch by Mary Ann Barr 2021

Town of Danby, New York

Town Clerk Hours M-F 11–4
Town Hall 607-277-4788
Town Court 607-277-0095

Marriage Licenses

The Danby Town Clerk's Office can issue a marriage license to applicants 18 years of age and over.

Couples who intend to be married in New York State must apply in person for a marriage license to any town or city clerk in the state. This does not need to be the clerk of the town where you reside. Any town or city clerk may issue a marriage license to applicants 18 years of age or older. Applicants under the age of 18 must have written consent from their parents.

Please contact the Clerk’s office for more information.

Be sure to bring the following with you to your appointment...

After the marriage ceremony  takes place, the signed license is returned
to the Town Clerk’s office and a Marriage Certificate is issued.

There is no additional cost for the Marriage Certificate. This is part of your marriage license fee.

Additional transcripts of Marriage Certificate may be acquired at a cost of $10 per certificate.

Marriage Records:

Please note that marriage records are the most private and secure records on file in the Clerk’s Office. These are sealed for 75 years during which time they are only available for release to the individuals named on the certificate. We cannot release marriage information to other persons, for genealogical or other reasons, until the 75 years are past.

Contact the Clerk’s Office for additional information about marriage license rights and requirements and marriage license records.

Acceptable Forms of Identification

Proof of Age and Identity

Both individuals getting married are required to present to the clerk documentary proof of age. You may bring two (2) of the following:

  1. A certified copy of a birth record,
  2. a certification of birth issued by the state department of health, a local registrar of vital statistics or other public officer charged with similar duties by the laws of any other state, territory or country,
  3. a baptismal record,
  4. a passport,
  5. an automobile driver license,
  6. any government or school issued identification card that contains a photograph of the applicant,
  7. a life insurance policy,
  8. an employment certificate,
  9. a school record,
  10. an immigration record,
  11. a naturalization record,
  12. a court record or any other document or record issued by a governmental entity, showing the date of birth.

Official Town of Danby, NY Website
Created by The Town of Danby
EGovt Template - Mad UX © 2020. All Rights Reserved

Contact Us:
Danby Town Hall
1830 Danby Road
Ithaca, New York 14850

Phone: 607-277-4788

Town Clerk Hours:
Monday – Friday
11:00 AM to 4:00 PM


Danby Town Court
1830 Danby Road
Ithaca, New York 14850

Phone: 607-277-0095

Town Court Hours:
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
8:00 AM to 11:00 AM