Pencil sketch by Mary Ann Barr 2021
Town Hall, 1830 Danby Road, Ithaca, NY 14850
The West Danby Water District is a public utility that provides safe, clean, piped water to homes and businesses in and around the hamlet of West Danby. Established in the late 1960s, the Water District currently serves 150 customers.
The Town of Danby sits on the traditional & ancestral land of the Gayogoho:no’ (Cayuga Nation), one of the five nations to first form the Haudenosaunee. Indigenous peoples were largely forced out of Upstate New York by the Sullivan-Clinton Expedition in 1779. The land that would become the Town of Danby was a part of the Watkins and Flint Purchase, a 336,380 acre patent granted by New York State to numerous eastern investors in 1794.